This website is enhanced with a speech-to-text option.
Click on the Listen button, wait a few seconds for BrowseAloud panel to load, then double click on any text on the page to begin.
2016/17 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE – A list of all holidays and when we are running no or weekend service
Tips for Riding ShuttleBus & ZOOM
- Be prepared.
Know where your stop is and be there 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. When you see your bus coming, please signal the driver.
- Have your exact fare, pass or ticket ready.
Not only is it easier on you and your fellow passengers, it helps keep our buses on schedule.
- Weather & Emergencies.
Rarely is bus service cancelled due to weather. For information on delays from weather or other emergencies, check local TV stations, call 207-282-5408 or follow ShuttleBusZOOM on Facebook or Twitter.
- Want to get off the bus?
It’s easy to signal for the bus driver to stop at the next stop. Just pull the pull chord along the inside windows.
- Need help planning your trip?
We’re here to answer your questions. Call our office anytime during our regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except for holidays. Telephone: (207) 282 5408<
- WANT TO BRING YOUR BIKE?
No Problem! All our buses are equipped with bicycle racks.
If you are connecting to another bus, including a Portland InterCity or ZOOM route, please request a transfer from your driver when you exit the bus.
- PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES:
All buses are wheelchair accessible.
- FLEX ROUTING:
Flex service, up to 3/4 mile off the route, will require 24-hour advance notice and the cost will be double fare.
RULES OF CONDUCT
- Passengers shall not be harassed, bullied or discriminated against by other passengers or ShuttleBus Employees.
- Deposit exact fare in the fare box and/or show bus operator applicable passes and medicare card.
- The driver is in charge of the bus passengers and has authority to enforce the rules. Respect the authority of the driver by obeying promptly and courteously. Passengers are to refrain from unnecessary conversation with the driver. Do not argue with the driver.
- Don’t block aisles or doors. If you are standing, move back to let others aboard. If you have personal belongings, make sure they are not blocking the aisle or doors.
- Remove children from strollers and collapse strollers. If this is not possible, make sure the aisle is clear.
- No fighting, pushing, tripping, kicking, spitting, hitting, etc. will be tolerated on the bus. Rude, loud, profane and abusive language will not be allowed.
- No tobacco, drugs, alcohol, vaping or lit matches are allowed on the bus. No dangerous materials of any kind are allowed.
- Do not put hand, head or other body parts (or throw anything) out the window.
- Passengers are required to wear shoes and shirts.
- No animals are allowed on the bus (except service animals).
- Do not be so loud that you disturb others. Excessive noise is not allowed on ShuttleBus. Be courteous when using cell phones. Use headphones when listening to music.
- Priority Seating should be reserved for persons with disabilities or senior citizens.
- Keep personal items on your lap.
- Keep the bus clean, and do not cause any damage to bus property.
THESE RULES OF CONDUCT are common sense, practical guidelines for respecting the bus operator, fellow passengers and public property. These rules apply for all ShuttleBusses.
Passengers who violate any of the these rules will be reported to the proper authority and his/her privilege of transportation may be denied.