This website is enhanced with a speech-to-text option.
Click on the Listen button, wait a few seconds for BrowseAloud panel to load, then double click on any text on the page to begin.
The Tri-City area of Biddeford, Saco and Old Orchard Beach is serviced by 2 buses. Local 1 arrives at Southern Maine Medical Center bright and early at 5:10 AM to start its daily run along the Route 1 (Elm St) corridor to Saco and Old Orchard Beach. Local 2 also starts its run from Southern Maine Medical Center, but an hour later at 6:10 AM. It travels along Route 111 (Alfred St) to Saco and Old Orchard Beach.
- Regular one-way fare is $1.25.
- A monthly pass costs only $25.
- 60 cents for persons 65 and older, persons with disabilities and individuals with a Medicare card.
- Monthly passes for senior citizens (65+), persons with disabilities, individuals with a Medicare card and students are $20.
- Children under 5 ride free.
- Exact fares required. Drivers DO NOT carry change.
- If you are connecting to another bus, including ShuttleBus Intercity to Portland or the ZOOM Bus, please request transfer when you exit the bus.
- FLEX ROUTING: Flex service, up to a 3/4 of a mile off the route, will require 24-hour advance notice and the cost will be double fare.
- Reasonable Accommodation: Reasonable accommodation will be granted upon request.